Holla!! from My Mama’s Kitchen to your Kitchen……
Here is a Parsley passion Smoothie Recipe for you all to try ….
I hope you love it as much as I do……
I have also broken down each fruit and vegetable in this blend so you know what each component adds to your body.
Remember our bodies all work differently so you really have to understand your body and what works best for you.
These are only helpful tips, Recipes and suggestions and as you go along you’d figure out your “Body Winner”
- Supports the kidney: Parsley helps flush out excess fluids from the body, which can prove to be beneficial for the proper functioning of kidneys.
- Controls blood pressure: Regular use of parsley can help control blood pressure because it has folic acid which works as a tonic for the heart.
- Helps in reducing Urinary Tract Infections (UTI): Parsley has been considered one of the best herbs for remedying urinary tract infections, especially if you are looking for an alternative to antibiotics.
- Cucumber is a superfood containing almost all the vitamins you need each day, including B vitamins, vitamin C, fibre, vitamin K1, copper, potassium and manganese.
- The carbohydrates and B vitamins in cucumber provide sustaining energy that can last for hours.
- Because of its high water content, cucumber is not only good at keeping the body hydrated, but it is also good for detoxifying.
Apples are extremely rich in antioxidants, and dietary fiber.
According to other studies, regular intake of apples has also been linked with reduced total cholesterol levels.
As a natural antioxidant, vitamin C, a key ingredient in apples, is known to slow down the ageing process and acts as cover against cell damage from pollutants such as cigarette smoke and exhaust fumes.
- Bananas contain a fair amount of fiber as well as several antioxidants.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, and heartburn.
- Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin “the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter”.
Now go on and try it out Food Lovers and remember to share and add your comments ….
- Blend in Stages to avoid having Leafy chunks.
- Avoid Sweeteners if you can.
- Always add the ice last. Otherwise you may over blend the ice and it will make your smoothie watery