Holla from my mama’s kitchen … to your kitchen…..
We are talking Juices today… healthy, refreshing Pineapple and Ginger Juice.
Fresh root Ginger is one of the best natural cures for indigestion and it helps to settle upset stomachs, whether caused by food poisoning or motion sickness.
In this unusual fruity blend, it is simply mixed with fresh , juicy pineapple and sweet-tasting carrot, creating a quick and easy remedy that can be juiced up in minutes and of course it tastes delicious too.
I hope you enjoy and love this as much as I do.
WHAT YOU WILL BE NEEDING (INGREDIENTS)
( this serves 1)
25g Fresh Root Ginger
- Using a sharp knife, cut away the skin from the pineapple, then halve and remove the core. roughly slice the pineapple flesh.
- Peel and roughly chop the ginger.
- Chop the carrot into chunks.
- Put the carrot, ginger and pineapple through a juicer and pour into a glass.
- Add ice cubes if desired and serve immediately.
- Pineapples are a rich source of fiber but they are special in that they contain both soluble and insoluble fiber
Pineapple contains half of the daily-recommended value of vitamin C
unlike many other fruits and veggies, pineapple contains significant amounts of bromelain, an enzyme that breaks down protein, possibly helping digestion
- Ginger stimulates digestion, circulation and sweating. Its digestive actions may serve to cleanse the build-up of waste and toxins in the colon, liver and other organs.
- Ginger has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain.
- Ginger also contains numerous other anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds beneficial to health such as gingerols,beta-carotene, capsaicin, caffeic acid, curcumin and salicylate.
- This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents.
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
- Carrots have the ability to increase the health of your skin, boost the immune system, improve digestion, increase cardiovascular health, detoxify the body, and boost oral health in a variety of ways.
- Before preparing the pineapple, turn it upside down and leave for 30 minutes. This makes it Juicier.