Holla!! from My Mama’s Kitchen to your Kitchen……
If the idea of detoxing leaves a bad taste in your mouth, it’s time to try one of these shakes to try to prove to yourself that it doesn’t have to taste bad.
Take matters into your own hands and make your own smoothies from scratch would give you quality control and allow you to only use ingredients that you think are delicious. The simple rule is DO NOT add an ingredient if you don’t like it just because of its detoxifying properties, because you won’t stick with it.
Green smoothies are Super-easy and very healthy.
You get all of the fruit flavor of a smoothie, plus all of the vitamins and minerals from vegetables. Try not to be put off by the color, this actually tastes pretty good and is great for digestion.
- Immune system support and Bone strength.
- Pineapple is a delicious fruit that adds a wonderful, sweet flavor to smoothies. It also contains an enzyme, called bromelain, that helps improve digestion and cleanses the colon. Just be careful when adding pineapple to a smoothie with dairy products. The high acid content of the fruit can curdle milk.
- Spinach is high in zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- Spinach is good for Healthy skin and hair.
- Bananas may help with weight loss. They are low in calories, high in nutrients and fiber, and may have appetite reducing effects.
- Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium, two nutrients that are essential for heart health.
- Celery regulates the body’s alkaline balance, thus protecting you from problems caused by an overly acidic diet.
- Celery aids digestion, some say celery tastes like “crunchy water,” and this may be part of the reason why it is so good for our digestive system. The high water content of celery, combined with the insoluble fiber in it, makes it a great tool for easy passage of stool.
- Ginger has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain.
- Ginger has been shown to speed up emptying of the stomach in people with this condition.
- Chia seeds contain a decent amount of protein.
- Many health experts believe that chia seeds can help with weight loss.
- The health benefits of lime include weight loss, skin care, improved digestion, and relief from constipation.
- Limes are powerful little citrus fruits. Packed with vitamin C, a potent antioxidant, the fruits also help to restore the acid and alkaline balance in your body. This makes it easier for your body to naturally flush out toxins.
Now go on and try it out Food Lovers and remember to share and add your comments …. have a great detox…..
- Organic produce is the way to go when making a green smoothie, because you don’t want herbicides and pesticides to impede your detox progress.
- Blend in Stages to avoid having Leafy chunks.