Holla!! from My Mama’s Kitchen to your Kitchen……
We are all about our Juices today…
This refreshing juice for the Summer will help cool the body, calm the digestion and cleanse the system and may even have aphrodisiac qualities. what more could you ask from a juice? it even looks enticing.
The real magic of this drink, however,lies in its flavour. the light , watermelon taste is fresh on the palate, while the honey warms the throat- but it is the tart lime that gives it the edge.
WHAT YOU WILL BE NEEDING (INGREDIENTS)
- 1litre13/4 pints/4cups chilled water
- juice 0f 2 limes
- clear honey to taste
- ice cubes to serve
- Mint Leaves ( optional)
Wash all produce well.
Chop the watermelon into chunks, cutting off skin and removing the seeds.
In batches, puree the watermelon along with lime juice.
Strain it ( This is optional )
Add ice cubes along with the mint in a pitcher.
Pour the juice.
Add in some honey to taste and stir to combine.
Serve and enjoy.
- Watermelon contains fiber, which encourages a healthy digestive tract and helps keep you regular.
Vitamin A is stellar for your skin, and just a cup of watermelon contains nearly one-quarter of your daily recommended intake of it.
“Watermelons are the perfect example of a food that can help you stay hydrated.”
- Lime juice and its natural oils are very beneficial for skin when consumed.
- Lime has a large amounts of vitamin C and Flavonoids.
- The citric acid present in lime is an excellent fat burner.
- Honey is a blend of sugar, trace enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids that has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antioxidant properties.
- Honey and lemon juice as well as honey and Cinnamon help in reducing weight.
- Honey contains Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron.
Now go on and try it out Food Lovers and remember to share and add your comments …. have a great detox…..
Lime Juice: The amount can range anywhere from 1/2 to 1 cup depending upon the sweetness of the watermelon and the amount of tang that you prefer.